Friday 2 March 2012

'Mercy'......its just a word!!!!


I looked around,

With no penny or a pound,

With a helpless face,

But an endless pace,

Covered with mud and dirt,

And not with a shirt,

I gazed the glee in their eyes,

And stared the abundant hands,

I did stretch mine,

Which wasn’t a good sign,

As I pestered,

They angrily gestured,

Pushed me hard on the ground,

Thud!! Was the sound,

Weak as I am,

Got up and moved on,

It’s a morsel of food I need,

But no one ready to feed!

The day started with all your smiles,

We just used to walk some miles,

Giggling and chirping over a lost pound,

With arms clasping around,

Pulled each other’s backpacks,

Laughed over someone’s knacks,

And sadly part ways,

Only to meet the next day,

Pockets were penny less,

And moments just priceless!!!









3 comments:

  1. plaqued and rust....mind is full of dust...
    take all you can, giving is dust...
    bright may be your eyes for nothing but u'll end up only with dust...
    ur smile might be benevolent...in return ask for nothing but dust..
    truly mercy is Jus a word...

    ReplyDelete
  2. pleasure....for showing patience...to my words!!!

    ReplyDelete